210 - COMPETITION HANDGUN LEVEL 1/Oliver Springs, TN
with Michael Seeklander
only 3 seats left
Note: Wednesday/Thursday class and anyone in the group may shoot an optional match on Friday (TN State IDPA Match). The match is NOT a part of the class, but a great opportunity!
Open to: Anyone with a current classification in IDPA or USPSA or approval from instructor.
Course Description: Do you want to be your absolute best? This course is a piece of my total training system that reinforces the techniques covered in my book Your Competition Handgun Training Program. The program will take your shooting to the next level. Much more than just a class alone, Mike’s full program consists of this class, the book, and videos (Competition Handgun Training Skills and Drills Volume 1 and Volume 2) is like nothing else available today. It focuses on not only the proper technique and execution of skills but also the critical process necessary to train those skills and subsequently improve your results. This course is ideal for shooting athletes that are newer to the sport and looking for a solid foundation, as well as seasoned shooters looking to gain that competitive edge. Watch a sampling of concepts covered in class here! This course includes a free video download of all of the essential drills!
Class Learning Objectives:
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Heart Rate Management /Focus Breathing
- Mental Preparation
- Physical Preparation
- Principles of an Effective Training Program
- Competition Gear and Firearm Setup
- Principles of Dry Fire Training (manipulation training)
- Principles of the Firing Cycle (high performance marksmanship)
- Live Fire Micro and Macro Drills (firing cycle)
- Stage Movement Principles
- Concepts of a Proper Live Fire Training Session
- Serviceable handgun and magazines (2-3) or speed loaders (2-3)
- Handgun carry gear (we recommend your competition holster and gear)
- 1200 rounds (*Note, this is an estimated quantity due to the unique flexibility of the program, students may shoot more or less)
- Firearm and all related equipment
- Notebook and pen
- Personal protective gear (eye and ear protection)
- Dummy rounds appropriate for their caliber handgun (10)
- Water, snacks, chair, sunscreen, or any other personal comfort items desired
May 30 - 31st, 2018
from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Windrock Shooting Range
720 Windrock Ln.
Oliver Springs, TN 37840 Get directions