Filter by Category
502 - COMPETITION HANDGUN INTENSIVE/Pryor Creek, OK
with Michael Seeklander
Limited to 10 students to maximize immersion learning!
Open to: Anyone with a current classification in IDPA or USPSA or approval from instructor.
Course Description: This course covers all of the material in the competition handgun series, and then some! Do you want to be your absolute best? This complete 5-day course is a piece of my total training system that reinforces the techniques covered in my book Your Competition Handgun Training Program. The program will take your shooting to the next level. Much more than just a class alone, Mike’s full program is like nothing else available today. It focuses on not only the proper technique and execution of skills but also the critical process necessary to train those skills and subsequently improve your results. This course is ideal for shooting athletes that are newer to the sport and looking for a solid foundation, as well as seasoned shooters looking to gain that competitive edge. This course includes a free video download of all of the essential drills!
Class Learning Objectives:
- Principles of adult learning
- Heart rate management /focus breathing
- Mental preparation
- Physical preparation
- Principles of an effective training program
- Competition gear and firearm setup
- Principles of dry fire training (manipulation training)
- Principles of the firing cycle (high performance marksmanship)
- Live fire micro and macro drills (firing cycle)
- Movement drills
- Steel Challenge drills
- Stage movement principles
- Concepts of a proper live fire training session
- Serviceable handgun and magazines (2-3) or speed loaders (2-3)
- Handgun carry gear (we recommend your competition holster and gear)
- 2500 rounds (*Note, this is an estimated quantity due to the unique flexibility of the program, students may shoot more or less)
- Firearm and all related equipment
- Notebook and pen
- Personal protective gear (eye and ear protection)
- Dummy rounds appropriate for their caliber handgun (10)
- Water, snacks, chair, sunscreen, or any other personal comfort items desired.
- Concealing garment (if you carry shoot IDPA)
- Firearms rated eye and ear protection
- Personal comfort items (chair, water, snacks, sunscreen, etc.)
- Notebook and pen